Sunday, April 17, 2011

Church, Children, Butterflies

It is one hot day in Los Cedros today! I tried to take a nap in the hammock after church, but that was even too hot. I finally fell asleep on my bed under a fan, and awoke in a pool of sweat reminiscent of my childhood, hot, summer days without fans in Chicago. I have been sipping on iced coffee and taking cold showers. I totally missed spring this year, and I am looking forward to it when I return to Seattle.

This morning, I went to church with Pastor and Pastora and the family. I sat in the back, and before I knew it, a row of children from the school was surrounding me. They are so sweet, some sharing candy with me and reading my Spanish
dictionary out loud to help me with pronunciation. I took a couple of photos of the kiddos in church.

Later today, actually as the sun was setting, I did a sample butterfly for the kids to see for my art class with the butterflies. I am going to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar with the first graders, and then they are going to paint butterflies. It was fun for me, since I pushed the colors, thinking of Marge's painted papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment