Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Animals Snoring and Art Classes

Tonight, I woke up to a cacophony of animals snoring, crowing and chirping. A cow or pig must be snoring nearby, and it's whistling, snoring awoke me at three. That's in the wee hours of the morning for some, but not for the animals. They can rest or nap anytime they want to, so stirring about now is no big deal.

I hadn't posted anything yesterday, even though it was a full day of preparing to teach, or spent teaching art. I marveled at the pace however. No one was pressuring me to do more than what was before me, and it felt good. I spent about an hour with the first grade class reading to them (Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar) and making watercolor butterflies. They all seemed to enjoy themselves, and I felt very much at home with them.

I think, making art anywhere in the world is a gift of time that connects us with our Maker. We reflect His creative attributes when we create. I saw students planning, making patterns, making color and line choices as I walked amongst the 29 happy students.

I spent another hour or two mounting all the work and adding the antennae to each butterfly. It will be fun to return these to the students today!

No comments:

Post a Comment