Sunday, May 29, 2011

Farewell for Now

As I was saying my goodbyes to Pastora and her family, I said there might be a possibility I could come back with the women's team and for my birthday. Pastora assured me we'd have a big birthday party with a pinata. It would be pretty amazing to celebrate with the women I shared life with in Los Cedros! I'd like to fly a few folks from up here for that party.

I think it would be very impactful to do
the story ropes with the women who would attend the women's conference in
September. I hear up to 200 women attend the conference. That's a lot of story and a lot of "rope!"

I am praying for direction on my return visit time wise. I love everyone there and wish they could all be my real neighbors.
However, there are so many exciting opportunities for using art with story telling.

The last night I was there, I took Pastora and her family to dinner at Pizza Hut. It was a huge splurge, but the AC and icy drinks cheered everyone - even this slightly wilted Americano. (See Photo)

Saying goodbye to my Nicaraguan family was hard! I have also posted a photo of "Mama" who is Pastor Manuel's mom, but I get to share her. She is on the left. She played a few pranks on me, so I figured out early that she has a great sense of humor. The woman on the right shared her story with me through making art. I am awed that she trusted me, and more importantly, she trusted God - that it would be good and healing to share her story. It was hard to say goodbye to both these special ladies.

For a final activity related to all the collage-making in Nicaragua, after returning
home, Vickie, a dear friend, and I collaged/mixed media Zephaniah 3:17. I just loved making art with Vickie. And it is especially rewarding to incorporate Scripture with the art. Vickie did an awesome job!

I'm off to another couple of countries, and another
couple of art adventures. Email/facebook if you want the link for my next adventure. This one has come to a happy close.

The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
-Zephaniah 3:17

Vickie's is the one with the eagle. I think she got essence beautifully!



No comments:

Post a Comment